Wednesday, August 31, 2011

the way home

Part 3 of a summer road trip...

Leaving Ashland was a sad business. But I do so love a good drive, even when I'm driving away from a glorious summer holiday.


The fast changing view from my car window included snowed topped Shasta peaks, blood orange sunsets...




...  high mountain valleys & roadside cherry stands.



And no road trip down the Northern 101 would be complete without a pancake stop in Salinas, CA.



There are some really lovely old buildings and signs in that town. Marquees that look like they were there before color. 




I always think about those great American depression writers & photographers when I pass through Salinas. Although, I never have visited Mr. Steinbeck's museum.

No comments:

Post a Comment

related

Blog Widget by LinkWithin