Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Spaghetti Western

So, today's is a bit of a personal post. My mom is having complications from a surgery that should have been routine. I know she'll be OK, but it's always always stressful to have a mom in the hospital. I thought I'd take a moment to tell you all how impressive my dad is.

cowboy dad by Mia

He's spent the last days in waiting rooms and next to sick beds, taking breaks only to nap and devour left over penne puttanesca. He's like on of those old timey heros, lookin' out for his lady, doin' what needs to be done.

{photo is of my pops at the Folk Art Museum of Santa Fe... he's posing in an exhibit on Carnival}

3 comments:

  1. sending love and healing thoughts to your momma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm sorry your mom is having complications, that is always a helpless, scary feeling. i hope things work out beautifully. your dad is a gem, like his daughter. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, thank you gals for your sweet sentiments.

    ReplyDelete

related

Blog Widget by LinkWithin