Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Back to School

I love these vintage school photos. Everyone looks like they are having so much fun. Visions of playfulness in the classroom are inspiration for my first day back after a long (but never long enough) winter break.

Clairton PA St. Clare Class 1971

Clairton PA 1971 St. Clare Girls

Clairton PA St. Clare Class 1971

Clairton PA 1971 St. Clare Girls

Clairton PA 1971 St. Clare Girls

Clairton PA 1971 St. Clare Boys

Clairton PA 1971 St. Clare Girls

Pleasant Hills PA 1973 Art Class

Clairton PA St. Clare Boys (and 1 girl) 1971

{photos from Joseph Katrencik's Flickr Photostream. I couldn't tell from the credits there if these were taken by him or if he had found them. At any rate, they are marvelous.}

11 comments:

  1. These are amazing! I love all their little outfits :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree..their little outfits are adorable!..I want some of them in my size :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fun! I'm a for old vintage school photos and believe or not, vintage educational videos, lol.


    http://inbugsdrawers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comment on Cubic Dreams. These photos are so fun! They look so happy, and I love their cute little outfits and haircuts!! Your blog is fabulous. So glad I've discovered it. I'm following :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember always being sooooooo excited to pick out my first day of school outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me gustan mucho las fotos antiguas, estas están muy lindas. De qué año son estas fotos?
    Saludos, José

    ReplyDelete
  7. very beautiful black and white photographs. with they travel behind in per year

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey darling am so sorry I haven’t visited your blog as often life is a bit hectic! But am totally dressing like this from now on hahahah!! I love vintage pictures they make me smile so much it captivates my heart, the girls look so sweet and innocent and playful which is too cute! Awwww and I love the last post Johnny Depp is one of my favorite actors his choices are amazing! am so glad to be back to my daily routine. Oh I made a video thanking all of my followers go check it out! Take care sweetie!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is it wrong that the main reason I love these photos is not because I like the happy, playful people in them.... I love them because of the fashion! The outfits are adorable!

    ReplyDelete

related

Blog Widget by LinkWithin