Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Barefoot Blackberry Pie

Sunday's pie was named for the beautiful summer berries we found at the farmers' market and for the afternoon spent barefoot in the kitchen.


This pie required a partially pre-baked cream cheese crust. I was very proud of it since it was the first succesful pre-baked pastry crust I've ever made.

Ian took this photo of me placing the berries into the shell. I think this was my second favorite part of the process.


Here it is ready to assemble—berry filled shell, sour cream filling and streusel topping. The photo on the right is what the pie looked like just before it went into the oven. In case the whole thing fell apart while baking, I thought I should have a picture of all it's raw glory.

Ian was a champ and kept up with the dishes as I made a mess.

Out of the oven, baked and beautiful (it didn't fall apart after all) we set it on the cooling rack and began the hardest part of pie making—
waiting to eat it.


And here it is, my favorite part of baking a Barefoot Blackberry pie... watching Ian eat 4 pieces of it.

12 comments:

  1. ohhh that pie looks delicious! what a wonderful way to spend a lazy summer Sunday...

    Thanks for the sweet comment on my guest blog post on the English Muse too!

    xoxo,
    Micaela

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANKS FOR VISITING MY BLOG!! THIS PIE LOOKS YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I could just jump into the screen and eat that up! I love blackberry pie, mum used to make it when I was young.

    I tell you, the photo's are fabulous, I just love the clarity, colour and content. Gorgeous

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy!!! Amazing photos and pie! YOu are quite the talented gal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGOSH looks so yum i'm drooling right now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, thank you all. I am totally beaming with pie making pride right now. (I've never had pie making pride before)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i'm pretty sure if left alone with that pie, i would eat the whole thing. burp.

    ReplyDelete
  8. mmm this looks so delicious. i like the photo of you putting in the berries. it belongs in a cooking magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My tummy is grumbling! That pie looks amazing!
    I adore your blog, it's so homely and magical

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks gorgeous. You actually really SHOULD become a pie-specializing photographer! Gorgeous!

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. YUMMMMYYY!!!

    I wish that pie was just front of me right now..!

    I love your blog..

    love from Melbourne

    nevinx

    ReplyDelete
  12. this looks so delicious! i think i might try making one of these - thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete

related

Blog Widget by LinkWithin