Thursday, August 13, 2009

I knew him when...

My friend Dustin makes the most amazing films. You might have seen some of his side splitting literal music videosThe Huffington Post has given him credit "as the founding father of this genre."

He also does these hilarious mockumentaries and spoof commercials. I hear he's still collecting gold from his Send UR Gold film. I sent him all the gold I had just laying around the house. One of my favorite Dust Films is the Trash Artist. As and art school graduate, I feel I can really relate to the trials and tribulations of this Pasadena based creator.


He is endlessly clever and beyond prolific (I'm not sure he ever sleeps). And some of my favorite pieces are the oldies like this one here called Play. I really never get tired of watching this.



I am so proud to say I knew him when.... we were just kids. You can see more of Dustin's work on YouTube, Funnie or Die and on his own website, dustfilms.com.

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful! Thank you for sharing these :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These were great. I can't imagine how much time it took complete "Play." I know that must have been a tremendous amount of work.

    ReplyDelete

related

Blog Widget by LinkWithin