Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Girl From Ipanema

Photobucket

Photobucket

It's not yet Spring and I'm already excited for Summer. The warmer weather and the slightly longer days have me thinking of bare feet and beach bon fires... of late afternoons spent listening to jazz records and holding hands with my sweetheart.


The Girl From Ipanema is one of my all time favorite summertime songs. Maybe in part because Astrud Gilberto (pictured above) had such lovely summer style. And maybe because I can remember many perfectly sunny days with that song as the soundtrack.

What do you listen to when you want to dream of long days and warm weather?

{images found here}

3 comments:

  1. bob marley just makes me crave summer. jack johnson all year long--he's beachy enough, but yummy everyday. oops, did i just write that? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her hair in that video!

    As for warm weather songs, I've always like "(Love Is Like A) Heat Wave" by Martha Reeves & The Vandellas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bob Marley definitely equals summer at the beach. And I can totally hear Heat Wave for cruising downtown.

    ReplyDelete

related

Blog Widget by LinkWithin